Considerably more often.
A whole big giant lot more often.
So I've compiled these frequently asked questions along with their answers in this handy dandy little journal entry that probably isn't going to help in any significant way, but now I'll have a legit excuse to threaten people with the trout of order if they ask them again. HA.
What did you use to draw that picture?
- Wacom Intuos 3, Corel Painter 9 unless otherwise stated. Every picture description mentions the tools I used to make it.
How long did it take to draw that picture?
- The image description has the answer. If it does not, then it's so amazingly confidential that I don't know myself (i.e. I forgot). So you're not getting to know it either!
Did you use just Photoshop to draw this?
- No, I used Corel Painter. I don't use Photoshop for anything because it smells funny.
What secret magical penguin love infused brushes do you use?
- Wet Detail Brush from Acrylics (with Resat set to 100 and cover set to 'Flat Cover' or 'Grainy Flat Cover' in brush creator), Just Add Water from Blenders, Grainy Water from Blenders, Eraser from Erasers and Pepper Spray from Airbrushes. The only custom brush I use is the chain brush.
Can I use any of your stuff for tubes/sigs/fruitcakes/pasties/templates?
Did you know Evony is using Sunlight?
- Yes, they have a licence. No, it was not drawn for the game. Yes I know it's not related to the game's actual content.
Can you draw me a freebie? I have a totally awesome idea bursting with inspiration!
- No. I have a giant pile of ideas bursting out of my forehead (with inspiration) that I'm already not getting around to drawing.
Are you available for commissions?
- I'm usually swamped, but if you're okay with waiting a month or so for me to get started, drop me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some information about the expected fanciness levels of the imagery involved will be very helpful in giving a price estimate.
Where is Latvia? Is it Russia, capital of Estonia or queen of France?
- It is a small country in Northeastern Europe. There be dragons.
It's been a while since I featured someone here. So this time, I give you faxtar and his totally awesome paintings. With all the WoWTCG card art, concepts and general kickassery he's got in his gallery, it is rather surprising that his stuff isn't (yet!) particularly well known around dA. So please visit his page and share the love.